If you think about it, building a deck is one great way to add that extra bit of living space and added value to your place. However, before you can start the building process, there are certain things you must consider while selecting timber for the deck. Always select the best material for Decking In Sutherland Shire, which can withstand any particular form of harsh weather condition. The amount of shade or sun that the deck receives will always determine if the colour will fade off easily.
Maintenance, budget and more:
Now you must be wondering how much maintenance are you happy to consider when it comes to decking. No matter whichever material you plan to select, your chosen deck will need maintenance on a regular basis and strict maintenance once every year to keep the deck in its pristine look. Some decks are pretty quicker and easier for you to maintain when compared to others.
Don’t forget to consider the budget plan as well. Decking materials will clearly vary in rates. You have the expensive hardwoods, and even the low costing treated pine, whichever one you want to select. The best part is that there is a material, which will match every budget, no matter how tight your economic condition is. Still Confused, what timber to use for decking? Find Out! Checking out the points mentioned above and the types below will help you to make the right choice, even when the market has wide spreading options in-store. Having profound knowledge about the deck is really important before you invest in any particular product.
Check-in with the hardwoods for your deck:
Hardwoods are always a great option for the Australian decks. They are noted to be quite durable, resilient and will feel, look and smell great. Some of the popular options under hardwood will be Spotted gum, Jarrah and Merbau. These are some of the most common types of timber decking option that you can find.
- The best part about the hardwood option is that with proper care and high-end maintenance, the good looks are subject to last for a long time.
- As these options are so dense, the hardwood decks can be quick and difficult to drill and nail. However, with passing the time and patience, the high-quality results will be proficiently worthwhile.
- Now, you must know that without regular maintenance, these hardwood decks are going to weather. In some of the harsh Australian climate, it might even rot. So, always be sure to add a coat of timber finish or oil to the deck yearly for ensuring that the good looks last.
- The cost of hardwood decks is always going to be less when compared to composite decking. However, it will be more expensive than treated pine decks, which are really very cheap.
Now for the treated pine:
If you have a very lower budget, then treated pine is the option for decking Sutherland shire you can try out. It is one of the most commonly used timbers around the world. Treated pine is noted to be a versatile and affordable decking choice that anyone of you can try.
- Also known as Radiata Pine, this form of material has been pressure treated for withstanding fungi, termites and decay.
- Even though it will not have the same visual appeal much like hardwood, you have the liberty to paint or stain the treated pine for that amazing look you want.
- Moreover, treated pine is quite easy to work with. It is versatile, light in weight and will make a perfect option for DIY installation.
- Make sure to oil the treated pine once every year if you want the material to last for a long time.
- The cost of the treated pine is towards the lower side when compared to all the other options. So, for the bigger decks and smaller budgets, this material is one to watch out for.
You are also invited to Read these decking maintenance tips to keep your deck neat as you don’t want to lower the visual appeal of your treated pine deck. The same goes for the hardwood or composite decking options as well. With simple tricks and tips, you can easily maintain the look of your deck to be as good as new.
Get in right with the composite decking:
It is made using a mix of wood fibres and recycled plastic. Composite decking Sutherland shire is noted to be an environmentally friendly and easy alternative to the timber group. Some of the popular brands here are likely to offer some of the weather resistant items, which are purposely designed for the Australian backyards.
- Composite decking is now available in so many looks, which will match the outdoor space. Some of the available options here are Silver Gum, Highland Oak, Jarrah, and so much more.
- You can work on your DIY project for installing composite decking. However, this material can be a bit heavy to handle on your own. So, you will need some helping hand while doing this task.
- Composite decking is known for its incredible durability. So, it is less likely to fade, rot, warp or splinter when compared to the timber ones. Moreover, the material is also extremely low maintenance. So, you don’t have to bother to stain or oil the deck once a year. Just wash it down with a composite deck cleaner, and you are good to go.
- If you are thinking about the cost, then be sure to spend some extra money on composite decking. When compared to all the other options mentioned already, composite decking happens to be the most expensive one among the lot.
For the right choice:
All these options might confuse you regarding the best choice when it comes to decking Sutherland shire. Each material has its own share of pros and cons and some exclusive features. So, take your time to go through all these features, and then you can select the right decking option you can come across. Ask experts for some help in decision making is turning out to be tough for you.